Wednesday, September 9

We've Been Wednesday...



We've Been...

Enjoying a long weekend, thanks to the labor unions (woot!)
Decorating the house for autumn
Enjoying slightly cooler temps
Visiting more graveyards and trying to spin my fascination into something scholarly
Settling into a lovely routine




We aren't really outdoors people, and I'm long past the age when scanty summer clothes were flattering or comfortable, and we are seriously craving fall.  We saw the first signs this weekend, first on our front porch, then at a small graveyard we visited on labor day.  I know, I know, every one and their maiden aunt is writing about pumpkin spice lattes and sweaters.  To be fair the Appalachian mountains, much like New England, own fall-- it is our season.  Lush colors, brisk temperatures and gorgeous smells of autumn-what isn't to love?

How are things going for you?




post signature

1 comment:

  1. I've never been one for shorts. I wore jeans in hot weather even through my teen years. I have to say fall is lovely but I'm mourning summer some.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think in the comments below-- and don't forget to leave a link back to your own blog or google+ page- I'd love to follow along on your adventures!