Sunday, December 21

Quick Paper Tree & Cinnamon Garland

I wanted a quick window treatment for the main bathroom, that fit with our comfortable theme this year.  So I reached into my archives and dragged out this how to, adapted for a new purpose!


I used heavy white card stock for the trees, and created trunks using cinnamon stick segments.  Then I glued on twine loops, which I attached to a longer string-- and done!



I picked up a ton of unfinished wood decorations at the craft store (none over $5-- a great deal).  I painted some of these wooden trees with a light coat of white opalescent paint-- it comes off as a stain in the most wonderful way-- and I painted the stands flat brown.  I stuck one in a jar I had painted and wrapped with twine, and let the others alone, adding a few pine cones.



For our mobiles (which I highly recommend picking up-- they are so versatile and super easy to change out every season) I used more wood pieces (only 29 cents each, if you can believe it).  I spray painted the snowflakes flat white, and used brown for the moose and deer.




Tomorrow I'll post a house tour, so you can see all the goodies I've made in place.  We are all so excited this year-- can you believe Christmas is only 4 days away??


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think in the comments below-- and don't forget to leave a link back to your own blog or google+ page- I'd love to follow along on your adventures!